Ever dreamed of having a vending machine in your room? With this engineering kit, you can build and experiment with your own toy vending machine. First, follow the step-by-step instructions to assemble the machine. Then test and configure it to get it working perfectly. Load your vending machine with all kinds of small candies or prizes and you’re in business! Insert some coins and have fun watching them get sorted, perform stunts as they slide down the tracks, dispense prizes, and finally end up in the coin bank in the base of the machine.
This awesome vending machine has four main interactive segments: First, you insert coins (quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies) into the slot at the top and turn a knob to sort the coins. Then, the coins fall into an interactive coin track area where they slide down ramps, make jumps, and ring bells. Next, the coins fall into a device that allows you to make your “purchase” with the push of a button. Finally, your prize pops out of the machine, and the coin falls into the bank, sorted into neat stacks by denomination.
The vending machine can sit on a tabletop or hang on a wall. A small key allows you to access the vending machine compartments for refilling the prizes.
Explore lessons in physics, math, and mechanical engineering as you build and play with the vending machine. Learn about gears and other simple machines, gravity, forces, motion, and collisions. Try some simple math lessons related to the coins and money.
- Build your own toy vending machine that sorts coins, dispenses candy or other small prizes, and doubles as a coin bank.
- Experiment to make the coins perform cool tricks and stunts in the customizable coin track area.
- Learn about gears, gravity, forces, motion, collisions, and more — even some simple math lessons with money.
- Fun, gamified approach to engineering lessons with a sweet candy reward
- Refill your machine with your own treats and prizes for long-lasting fun.
- Insert your coins, turn the knob, make your selection, and out comes candy AND STEM fun and learning!
- Automatic coin-sorting bank
- Stands up on a tabletop of hangs on the wall
- Perfect companion kit to Candy Claw Machine, a 2022 STEAM Toy of the Year finalist.
Ages: 8+ with help / 10+ I got this
Piece Count: 48
Manual Pages: 16
Product Dimensions: 13 x 11.5 x 3.8 in
Product Weight: 2.2 lbs
Manual Dimensions: 5.5 x 8.25 in
Batteries Required: N/A
Country of Origin: China
Year Released: 2022
2022 ASTRA Best Toys for Kids Finalist
2022 Toy of the Year Finalist (Construction category)
2022 The Toy Insider's Holiday Gift Guide
K-2-ETS1-1 Engineering Design
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
3-5-ETS1-1 Engineering Design
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
3-PS2-2 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions