Super sweet stunts! Build your own gumball machines and learn physics lessons in the process. A turn of a handle dispenses one gumball at a time out of the clear storage globe and down the track. As the gumballs roll down the track, they perform cool tricks. Add pieces like a pendulum, pulley cups, funnel, trampoline, pinball launcher, and domino track to your machine to see these wacky stunts in action. Each segment of the track teaches a different lesson in physics, allowing users to explore topics including force, motion, momentum, gravity, energy, simple machines, and more.
The gumballs land in a collection cup and can easily and sanitarily be returned to the globe for another run. The track segments can be moved around on the base to create an almost limitless number of different gumball machines.
Trial-and-error experiments teach in a fun, hands-on way: Will your gumball successfully make it to the end of the track, or will you have to re-engineer your gumball machine to make it work?
- Build your own gumball machine with this science kit that's part marble run, part roller coaster, part pinball machine!
- Each segment of track teaches a different lesson in mechanical physics, exploring topics such as simple machines, force, motion, momentum, gravity, Newton's laws, energy transfer, and more.
- Track segments are modular and can be easily moved around to create an almost limitless number of different gumball machines.
- As they roll down the tracks, the gumballs perform cool stunts via a pulley lift, pendulum, funnel, trampoline, pinball launcher, domino slide, and more!
- The kit works with standard machine-size, 16-mm (5/8-inch) gumballs, and a 1-pound supply of gumballs are included to get you started.
Piece Count: 55
Manual Pages: 20
Product Dimensions: 19.1 x 11.5 x 3.2 in.
Product Weight: 2.7 lbs
Manual Dimensions: 5.5 x 8.25 in.
Batteries Required: N/A
Country of Origin: China
Year Released: 2021
2-PS1-3 Matters and its interactions
3-PS2-1 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
3-PS2-2 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
K-2-ETS1-1 Engineering Design
K-P2S2-2 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
K-PS2-1 Forces and Interactions: Pushes and Pulls