In addition to the data protection declaration of KOSMOS Verlag (https://www.kosmos.de/content/kosmos-datenschutz), the following data protection provisions apply specifically to the use of our app.
- Preface and selected terms
This data protection declaration informs our app users about the processing of personal data that is collected and processed when using the app.
- GDPR stands for the European General Data Protection Regulation.
- BDSG is the abbreviation for the Federal Data Protection Act in its current version.
- Personal data are all individual details that allow conclusions to be drawn about a natural person (for definition see Art. 4 Para. 1 GDPR). This includes, for example, names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, but also data such as IP addresses or customer numbers.
- The processing of personal data includes all operations, for example the collection, storage, transmission, archiving or deletion of personal data (definition Art. 4 Para. 2 GDPR).
- The data subject within the meaning of data protection law is any natural person who processes personal data.
- Further definitions of terms can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation, which you will find mainly in Art. 4 of the GDPR (Definitions).
- Responsible Party and data protection officer
Responsible Party for the processing of personal data
Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co. KG
Pfizerstraße 5 - 7
External Data Protection Officer
DSB Externer Datenschutzbeauftragter Stuttgart
Telefon: +49(0)176 32744172
- Data Transfer by using the App
Principle: Local processing
All processing operations take place exclusively locally on your end device, deleting the app also leads to the deletion of all data processed with the app. We have configured our app in such a way that it does not send any data to our servers. This also includes metadata that occurs in the context of server log files. The app is used completely anonymously. This means that Kosmos Verlag does not know the users and cannot relate to their identity.
- Access authorizations in the end device
For the full functionality of the app, it is necessary that you grant access rights. At this point, we explicitly point out that even if access rights are granted, no data is exchanged with our systems.
You can decide in how far you want to grant access rights for this app on your device. The granting of access rights allows the app to access certain features or data on your device, the data will only be processed locally on your device through the app. In this respect, you give the app your consent to process data locally on your device. You can revoke the granted access rights at any time, for this purpose call up the settings with app authorizations on your device. Depending on the operating system, you can find the rights management in the settings under Apps or Authorizations. You can find more detailed information on this in the operating instructions for your device or operating system.
Access to the memory
The content you selected in the app is saved on your device, so the app needs access to your media storage.
Access to Bluetooth
The app requires access to the Bluetooth interface in your device. This is required to connect the robot to your smartphone.
Note on Bluetooth access in Android-based Operation Systems
When using Bluetooth, geolocation rights are required on devices with the Android operating system. This is not specified by our app, but by the operating system. The app does not carry out any positioning at this point and does not process any geolocation data.
Revocation of access rights
You can revoke granted access rights at any time in the settings of your device. Depending on the operating system, you can find the rights management in the settings under Apps or Authorizations. You can find more detailed information on this in the operating instructions for your terminal device or the operating system.
- Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
Every natural person has certain rights, these are defined in Articles 15 to 21 and 77 of the GDPR. In principle, you have the following rights that you can claim from us.
Right to revoke a given consent according to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR
You can revoke your consent to us at any time without giving reasons with effect for the future.
Right to information according to Art. 15 GDPR (restrictions according to § 34 BDSG possible)
You have the right to request information about the data processed by you and the purposes of processing at any time.
Right to correction according to Art. 16 GDPR
If you discover that we are processing incorrect or incomplete personal data, you have the right to have it corrected.
Right to deletion according to Art. 17 GDPR (restrictions according to § 35 BDSG possible)
You have the right at any time to request the deletion of your personal data that we are processing about you. If complete deletion is not possible, for example because we must meet statutory retention requirements or we can assert legitimate interests for other reasons, we will restrict your data until these reasons no longer apply.
Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR
You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. You can contact us at any time at the address given in the legal notice. The right to restriction of processing exists in the following cases:
- If you dispute the accuracy of your personal data stored by us, we usually need time to check this. For the duration of the test, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- If the processing of your personal data happened / happens unlawfully, you can request the restriction of the data processing instead of the deletion.
- If we no longer need your personal data, but you need them to exercise, defend or assert legal claims, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted instead of being deleted.
- If you have lodged an objection in accordance with Art. 21 Paragraph 1 GDPR, your interests and ours must be weighed up. If it is not yet clear whose interests prevail, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, these data - apart from their storage - may only be allowed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest processed by the European Union or a member state.
Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR
You have the right to have data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfillment of a contract handed over to you or to a third party in a common, machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another responsible party, this will only be done if it is technically feasible.
Right to object to certain processing operations and direct mail in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR
If the data processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons that arise from your particular situation; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The respective legal basis on which processing is based can be found in this data protection declaration. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data concerned, unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (Objection according to Art. 21 Paragraph 1 GDPR).
If your personal data are processed in order to operate direct mail, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising. If you object, your personal data will no longer be used for direct marketing purposes (objection according to Art. 21 Paragraph 2 GDPR).
Right of appeal to a supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GDPR
In the event of violations of the GDPR, the data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of their habitual residence, their place of work or the place of the alleged violation. The right of appeal exists without prejudice to other administrative or judicial remedies.
- Further information
If you contact us, for example by telephone or e-mail, we process your data for the specific purpose of answering your enquiry. You will find comprehensive information on the processing of your data when contacting and communicating in the general KOSMOS data protection declaration, which you can access under the following link https://www.kosmos.de/de/content/Footer/Legal/Datenschutz.