An intuitive, state-of-the-art building and robotics kit for serious engineers and makers! Packed with hundreds of durable, reusable components, and designed for both home and school use, this comprehensive and engaging curriculum gives young learners the tools to explore the field of robotic engineering like never before.
The kit begins with instructions to build 14 simple motorized robots with sensors that can control the robots. With over one hundred snap-together, versatile building pieces, kids can also construct new robots of their own design!
A 32-page full-color manual and tons of online resources feature step-by-step illustrated building instructions and explanations for how to program and operate the robot models.
Also needed: a tablet running iOS or Android and/or a PC with Internet access. MakeCode is free and web-based, so there are no PC system requirements.
Your robots’ brain, eyes, ears, voice, and more! This pocket-sized circuit board hosts your programmed code and is housed in a sleek yet durable smart controller. Upload code to the micro:bit with the included USB cord or wirelessly via Bluetooth low-energy connection. This mini-computer has a built-in array of 25 LEDs and on-board sensors that measure light, temperature, magnetism, movement, sound, and more.
Avoid obstacles! The ultrasonic sensor works like a sonar system and helps your robots gauge distances and determine where objects are. Two ultrasonic sensors included.
Make precise movements! The precision motor allows your robot to make accurate and powerful movements with complete motor control! One servo motor included.
Drive your robots! The two powerful direct-drive motors bring motion to your robots: Connect the motors to gears, wheels, and other pieces to move your robots in many ways.
Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries:
Robotics Workshop also includes two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, optimizing the length of use.
Features & Benefits at a glance:
- A detailed robotics engineering curriculum, ideal for all types of learning environments
- Learn to program and code as you build unique robots from durable and reusable plastic building pieces and with a variety of sensors
- Incorporates micro:bit, an ideal first microcontroller for kids interested in learning about various coding languages
- Utilizes the open-source platform MakeCode, available on any device and as a web app on Chromebook, allowing for high accessibility
- Provides a thorough opportunity for kids to explore real-life tech firsthand
Piece Count: 248
Manual Pages: 32
Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 11.5 x 2.8 in.
Product Weight: 3 lbs.
Manual Dimensions: 8.3 x 11.5 in.
Batteries Required: 18650 Li-ion (included)
Country of Origin: Taiwan
Year Released: 2024